Did you know that now you can remotely monitor your hard drives and predict hard drive failures network-wide?
Now you can. The latest release of NetCrunch (v.10.2) added a WMI-based S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) sensor. Best of all, it’s completely agent-less.
By using this sensor you can now get alerts relating to 20 parameters that describe your hard drive health information. Armed with this information, you can predict individual and RAID hard drive failures with ease and prevent data loss, proactively.
Here’s how to configure the WMI SMART Hard Drive Sensor:
- Select a node within your Network Atlas
- Right-click on the node and click “Node Settings” (or press Shift+F2)
- Under “Monitoring Sensors”, click “+ Add Monitoring Sensor”
- From the <Add Monitoring Sensor> window, choose “WMI”
- Select “WMI HDD Health”
- Select the hard drive you want to monitor from the drop-down list
- Run a test query for SMART data on it by clicking on the ‘test’ icon :
- This will run a SMART test query to your desired node. If everything works, click “Close test” and “Save”
- Now you’re ready to set alerts on the SMART parameters of your choice